CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Olivia

Olivia

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Two Lucky Ladies.

As I type, Ben is working on getting O to sleep.  This has been one of his "jobs" since Livi has been only a few weeks old.  It started out that he would put her to sleep at night so that I could get a head start on sleep since I had to wake up every couple of hours to nurse.  Since he couldn't feed her and didn't get up during the night, he would put her to bed while I caught some precious zzzzz's.  This has evolved into a role that I know he cherishes.  I also know that Livi cherishes this time snuggled up on her daddy's chest.  I don't know of many other men that do this on a regular basis.  It's kind of interesting, because Ben can get her to sleep much more easily than I can.  In order to go to sleep for me, Livi thinks it's necessary to have the boob.  For her daddy, all it takes is a few pats on the back and off into dreamland she slips...okay, so maybe it's not quite THAT easy, she IS only 7 months old, after all. :) We really had a rough go of it a couple months ago when Ben had the shingles and wasn't able to put her to sleep.  This was hard on all of us, but I think it had the biggest effect on Ben.  Thanks for being such a great daddy, my love.

I guess I'm just feeling super lucky today and have been reflecting on how I have so much more than I ever hoped and dreamed that I would have in my partner and in life.  I am so blessed to have such an amazing little family.

With that in mind, I wanted to share some recent photos of my man and my daughter hanging out together.  Brace yourself for the SWEETNESS you're about to see!! ;-)

Playing on the floor:



 Reading the Sunday paper:




----shan

0 comments:

Post a Comment