CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Olivia

Olivia

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This and That.

So, I think I've proven that I'm pretty much the worst blogger ever.  If you're reading this, grab a drink and a snack, because you're in for a lotta catching up! ;-)

First and foremost, I need to tell you about my baby girl who is now ONE YEAR OLD! I can hardly believe this.  Her birthday party was April 9, and we had a great turnout!  Thanks to everyone who came and helped us celebrate, and a special thank you to G. Sheri for all of your help with putting all the food together/set up/tear down/etc.!  Here is a photo of Olivia on her big day!


You might notice the carpet burn and the mark by her eye...this is because for the first time EVER, the morning of her party, Little O decided to crawl (yes, have I mentioned she's finally crawling!) off of our bed.  It was pretty terrifying for all parties involved, but she was no worse for the wear.  Livi had her 12 month appointment with Dr. B and he reports that she is doing well! Almost 19 pounds, and the good news is that her iron levels are within range.  Still low, but within range.  We've been pushing the solid foods, and so has Lula.  I think Liv is also getting pretty close to walking, so that is kind of exciting!  It's hard to believe that this time last year I had a newborn babe.  Wow, time flies.

Ben and I are doing pretty well, too!  He has been working a little bit of overtime, which is nice.  Sedlacek has offered me a full time position, so I will be starting that the first full week in June.  I'm going to miss being on inpatient psych, and ESPECIALLY my awesome co-workers there.  This will be good for me because I'll now have full time hours going toward my licensure rather than part time.  So that means I should get my license more quickly, which is great!  Once I'm an independent practitioner, look out world! ;-D

Okay, so in the name of full disclosure, I want to be honest.  If you care enough to read this blog, chances are you are aware that I'm in eating disorder recovery.  For the past well, awhile now, I have been in full blown relapse mode.  I've been aware of this for some time now, yet always had an excuse as to why I should continue the behaviors.  I finally came to the point last week where I felt I needed to reach out for help.  So I called my therapist, who is amazing.  She got me in right away, and although it was uncomfortable and not what I wanted to be doing, I went and disclosed what has been going on to her.  You're probably wondering why I'm telling you this.  Well, honestly I'm experiencing a lot of guilt and shame about what I've been doing.  For me, being open and honest in the past has played a role in reducing those feelings of guilt and shame.  Also, secrecy is a huge part of me being able to stay in my illness, and by being open it gives me more accountability.  SO.  There it is.  I'm making an honest effort to get back on track.  It's HARD.  Thanks for reading.

Okay, I told you this was going to be a long one.  Have you finished your snack and drink yet?? Ha!  Anyway...here are a few more photos of Livi, from her 12 month photo shoot! OH! And I'll try and be better about updating this blog.  I'll TRY and post after the weekend..since it's Mother's Day :).  So excited!



She's cute, right??!! Look at those little feet!  Hard to believe she can even walk on those things!

XOXO

---shan

0 comments:

Post a Comment